Good morning PCF family and friends, I know when I send these blogs it is going to people with many different circumstances. Some of you are in the thick of career and being a parent, some of you are retired, some are going through health issues, relational issues, some of you are lonely, bothered, worried, and some happy and blessed. But as Christians, we are all called to a higher purpose regardless of our circumstances.
A quote attributed to Martin Luther. The maid who sweeps her kitchen is doing the will of God just as much as the monk who prays—not because she may sing a Christian hymn as she sweeps but because God loves clean floors. The Christian shoemaker does his Christian duty not by putting little crosses on the shoes, but by making good shoes, because God is interested in good craftsmanship.
Purpose is important. A follower of Jesus your highest calling is to glorify God in everything you think, say, and do! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I know when things appear to be broken, upside down, out of control, praising God seems to be the last thing we would want to do, but never forget that we worship a “supernatural God!” That means he is above all natural laws, He is above and more powerful than any circumstance. The bottom line, the closer you stay to Jesus and His teachings and live them out in your hour by hour life, the more Joy and Peace you are going to have in your life!
I am looking forward to seeing everyone this coming Sunday both at the 9:00am service and at the BQ at 5:00pm. See you Sunday!
Reminder: We are collecting items for the Edwardsville Care Center for our mission at the BBQ. We are collecting puzzles, coloring books, coloring pencils, UNO games, and other fun items for the residents of the care center. PCF has a past connection with the Care Center because Stan Rutkowski stayed there for a while and we had bible studies while he was there. You can bring your items this Sunday to church or to the BBQ.
Praise Community Fellowship May and June calendar
- June 12th, Sunday Service 9:00am. PCF family dinner BBQ at the church 5:00pm.
- June 19th, Sunday service 9:00am Father’s day
- June 26, Sunday service 9:00am
Our prayer List:
- Cathy Watson, Continued healing from her recent Knee surgery.
- Jim Ebersoldt, We will continue to lift Jim and Sue in prayer. Jim is experiencing some serious health issues with heart and liver.
- Jason Burton, we are asking for prayers that Jason will respond to a new treatment he will be receiving at Barnes. It’s called CAR T cell therapy. Lord we ask that you bless this therapy so that Jason goes into complete remission.
- The people of Ukraine and Russia who do not want the war.
- Jim Cerbie, Jim is Bill and Judy Daubenspeck’s Brother-in-law. Jim is 87 and has inoperable lung cancer and has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. We lift Jim and his wife to God’s peace, strength and comfort.
Praise Community Fellowship, A Joyful church with No Walls! 9:00am Sundays at Esic Church located at 1000 University Drive Edwardsville. God’s Truth with Love and Compassion. Praise Community Fellowship Church is a 100% volunteer Church. We have no salaries or paid positions. Come be part of a Joyful Christian Family! Have questions? Call Pastor Kent @ 618-334-3575. Or Board President. Gary Watson @ 409-781-6510