Dear PCF family and friends, I want to start off with an urgent prayer request, I received an email from Cathy Watson this morning with this message: “Our daughter Amy received this from one of the members of her class she is now taking. It makes this Russia-Ukraine problem seem more real when we know someone affected. The girl’s name is Oksana so thought we could add her and her family to our prayer list. Oksana writes: Hey team, I’m sorry to add to the tough news. I’m more than a little scattered today and I imagine for days if not more to come. My home town has been directly hit this morning by rockets from Russia and while my family is safe at the moment, the situation on the ground is dire. Could use all your good vibes and posters. Keep your loved ones extra close. Oksana.
We can do more than send good vibes, we can call on the God of the universe to intervene and to protect Oksana and her family and friends and pray that they all come to know Jesus and His saving grace. And we can and are called to lift all leaders in the world to God’s wisdom and God’s ways.
As my last blog mentioned, there is darkness in this world and there is light in this world. Darkness cannot defeat the light! We are a people of God’s truth and in that truth is power. This Sunday at 9:00am at Esic church I hope you can join your PCF family as we come to lift the world to God’s Mercy and we pray for peace and wisdom. I will be talking about the words of Jesus, “Let not your hearts be troubled!”
We are a family of light in a darkening world. Come be part of the light. Let’s raise our vices in worship and Hymns Sunday. The world is moaning for a savior and the Good New is, He is coming again. Come Sunday to learn more.
Mark your calendars, March 13th, 5:00pm. PCF family catered dinner at Esic Church. It will be a blessing! Come join us. Sign up with Nelleke at church or you can call her at 618-954-4155 to make your reservations.
Our Prayer list:
- Oksana and family, caught in the ravages of war in Ukraine.
- Page Burton, Paige has recently gone to the hospital for a hip surgery but the operation was delayed due to some other issues that became apparent as she was being prepped for surgery. We lift Paige to God’s healing touch and His peace during this time as more tests are run.
- Patti Franklin, Patti has recently had some tests and we lift her to God’s Grace and peace as she waits for the final results.
- Jason Burton, Jason is a good friend of Gary and Cathy Watson. Jason is in his 40’s with a young family and has been diagnosed with cancer. He is unable to work at this time and he is the sole provider. We ask for God’s intervention into this situation, that His Glory, Peace and Healing will come and lift this family out of their worries and fears.
- Don Kruckeberg, Continued prayers for God’s Healing peace and strength. We pray that Don may be surrounded with God’s love and peace.
- Ray Queen, a resident at Beverly Farm who has recently been put into hospice care. We pray for God’s peace for Ray and His family in this time of transition..
Praise Community Fellowship, A Joyful church with No Walls! 9:00am Sundays at Esic Church located at 1000 University Drive Edwardsville. God’s Truth with Love and Compassion. Praise Community Fellowship Church is a 100% volunteer Church. We have no salaries or paid positions. Come be part of a Joyful Christian Family! Have questions? Call Pastor Kent @ 618-334-3575. Or Board President. Gary Watson @ 409-781-6510