In the midst of all the absolute craziness and suffering going on in the world right now, I remind you that darkness cannot overcome light. That is true in the physical world and that is true in the Spiritual world. All it takes is one tiny candle to illuminate a huge dark room. Many of us have witnessed that fact at a Midnight Christmas eve service when all the church lights were turned off and then one candle was lit and then passed to others until eventually the whole sanctuary was glowing in light.
You can be that candle that shines light in this darkness every day. You never have to worry about running out of your light as long as you are walking close to Jesus and allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell within you. There are days when I listen to a news story and I can feel myself getting angry and frustrated, but my candle in these situations is to go to gospel music or one of my favorite preachers and listen to God’s word. Immediately my inner self begins to glow with God’s light.
God’s light illuminates His truth and love inside of all believers. His light gives us direction in such a confusing dark world. We are in some very troubling times but God’s light is as powerful today as it was when Jesus walked the earth. It is available to you but you must allow that light to ignite your wick! It is then that God’s power and truth will fill you and give you strength and direction. And that is why I want to encourage all the people of Praise Community Fellowship and all believers everywhere that we can have a huge impact in helping to eliminate the darkness in this world even though it seems so overwhelming. We must stick together and let our light shine. When we gather together, our light becomes even brighter and more evident. That is why I am so excited about our family dinner coming up. We have the opportunity to invite people who may need that light passed onto them. I want them to come meet a family full of God’s light and peace, and love. I want our guests to feel the warmth and comfort that our light has to offer.
As you witnessed from our last two services, we are getting more very young people coming to visit our family. Every person who comes to one of our services I see as an opportunity to pass Jesus’ light onto them. Our little church has a huge message and that message is, “Jesus loves you, and we love you. If you need more love, joy and peace in your life, you can find it here within the Praise Community Fellowship Family. We teach God’s truth with love and compassion. And what we want to do is light your candle and your family’s candle so that you too can begin enjoying God’s light in your life as well as becoming a light for others.
Mark your calendars, March 13th, 5:00pm. PCF family catered dinner at Esic Church. It will be a blessing! Come join us. Sign up with Nelleke at church or you can call her at 618-954-4155 to make your reservations.
Our Prayer list:
- Page Burton, Paige has recently gone to the hospital for a hip surgery but the operation was delayed due to some other issues that became apparent as she was being prepped for surgery. We lift Paige to God’s healing touch and His peace during this time as more tests are run.
- Patti Franklin, Patti has recently had some tests and we lift her to God’s Grace and peace as she waits for the final results.
- Jason Burton, Jason is a good friend of Gary and Cathy Watson. Jason is in his 40’s with a young family and has been diagnosed with cancer. He is unable to work at this time and he is the sole provider. We ask for God’s intervention into this situation, that His Glory, Peace and Healing will come and lift this family out of their worries and fears.
- Don Kruckeberg, Continued prayers for God’s Healing peace and strength. We pray that Don may be surrounded with God’s love and peace.
- Ray Queen, a resident at Beverly Farm who has recently been put into hospice care. We pray for God’s peace for Ray and His family in this time of transition..
Praise Community Fellowship, A Joyful church with No Walls! 9:00am Sundays at Esic Church located at 1000 University Drive Edwardsville. God’s Truth with Love and Compassion. Praise Community Fellowship Church is a 100% volunteer Church. We have no salaries or paid positions. Come be part of a Joyful Christian Family! Have questions? Call Pastor Kent @ 618-334-3575. Or Board President. Gary Watson @ 409-781-6510